It is an open-access database of all survey control mark information in Victoria, with search and download options and the ability to lodge new information or amendments. SMES is also used by OSGV to maintain Australia's geodetic and height datums – the Geocentric Datum of Australia 1994 (GDA94) and the Australian Height Datum (AHD).
- latest GDA94 coordinate and AHD height values resulting from ongoing network adjustments
- estimates of positional uncertainty – horizontal and vertical
- additional survey mark information and metadata, such as mark status, observation techniques, source and adjustment details
- underlying VicMap data to support interactive map searching
- permanent mark sketch plans.
Read the SMES fact sheet (DOCX, 245.9 KB)
Permanent mark sketch plan templates
Plan templates have been prepared for the preparation of permanent mark sketch plans. They have been formatted to suit common CAD software packages. These include AutoCAD (DWG), LISCAD (LCD), Microstation (DGN), PDF, DOC and DXF.
Submission of GNSS data
Surveyors working with survey control marks in Victoria are encouraged to submit GNSS data to OSGV as outlined in this factsheet.
Sample GNSS field booking sheets help ensure all required observation information is provided.
For location and contact details for SMES, visit contact us.