Contact us

Instructions to complete forms

Verification of identity is required for land transactions in Victoria - see guides under the 'Verification of identity' heading below.

Before filling any form, it is recommended that you follow the instructions in the associated guide.

All forms must be printed in black on A4 white 80 gsm paper.

Use Adobe Reader print option to print forms.  All forms must be printed single-sided; the back of the forms must not be used.

There are two styles of Land Use Victoria forms – standard and fully interactive (see below). Instructions differ to fill each of these forms.

Please note: Access forms using a desktop computer only (not a mobile device or tablet). If you are having problems opening a form in your browser, see 'Troubleshooting' instructions below.

Client Authorisation

The Registrar’s requirement for Client Authorisations for paper conveyancing transactions will come into effect on 26 May 2017.  A Client Authorisation will authorise a Client's Representative (i.e. conveyancer or lawyer) to act as their client’s agent and to sign paper conveyancing transactions on their client’s behalf.  Client Representative's will be required to sign paper instruments when they have a Client Authorisation in place.

The Client Authorisation form may be accessed via the ARNECC website.

Most Land Use Victoria forms can be downloaded, filled out on-screen and then printed using a PDF viewer; or, printed blank and completed by hand (the exceptions are the five interactive forms listed below). 

All forms have a drop-down box to insert the date. The drop-down box appears on the right-hand side of the form when you click in the date field.

Some forms also have a drop-down box in the signature field. Click in the field to select the relevant option from the drop-down list.

If completing a standard Land Use Victoria form by hand, information should be legibly written in black or blue ink, or typed. The use of correction fluid or self-correcting typewriter ribbon is not permitted.

If you wish to keep a copy of the form, you should print two copies, as you will be unable to save this form to your computer.

Please use this Annexure Page (PDF, 1.3 MB) if there is insufficient space on the form to provide all information.

Land Use Victoria has five fully interactive PDF forms for the most common transaction types:

  • Transfer of land
  • Mortgage
  • Discharge of mortgage
  • Caveat
  • Withdrawal of caveat

Fully interactive forms can only be completed on a computer and then printed for lodgement at Land Use Victoria. They can be saved to a computer, partially or fully completed.

The fields of a  fully interactive form will  be highlighted when the form is opened. If the highlighted fields do not automatically appear, click 'highlight fields' on the right-hand corner of the page. This makes it easier to see the fields and complete a form.

To insert information, place your cursor at the start of each field. You can click or tab between fields.

All forms have a drop-down box for inserting the date. The drop-down box will appear on the right-hand side of the form when you place your cursor in the date field.

Before printing, please ensure the information is accurate and all fields have been completed. The form will not print if the mandatory fields have not been completed.

If you are having trouble opening any of the forms, the following instructions may help.


  1. Right-click on the form you wish to open and 'Save as' to your computer.


  1. The latest version of Adobe Reader needs to be installed (restart your computer after installation).
  2. 'Right click' on the form and save the form onto your computer (if unsure how to do this, search 'right-click' in 'Help').
  3. 'Right-click' on the form saved to your computer and 'Open file with' Adobe Reader.

Payment and Lodgement

Payment options

Payment options vary depending on whether a customer is a regular customer (one with a Victorian Online Title System customer lodgement code) or a non-regular customer (one without a customer lodgement code).

From regular customers, Land Use Victoria accepts cash, direct debit, bank cheques, lawyers' and conveyancers' trust or office account cheques, and Visa or MasterCard debit or credit cards.

We do not accept third party or personal cheques, or money orders.  From non-regular customers, we accept cash and Visa or MasterCard credit or debit cards. We do not accept cheques of any description or money orders from non-regular customers.

Mail lodgement

Mail lodgements are accepted from non-regular customers only. Regular customers must lodge personally or through a lodging agent. For a lodgement submitted by mail, Visa or MasterCard credit card is the only acceptable payment method. The customer must provide a daytime phone number on the document(s) to be lodged and/or in a covering letter.

A Land Use Victoria representative will call the customer after lodgement of the dealing(s) to process an EFTPOS credit card payment. Payment will be confirmed by phone and no written record will be retained of the card used in the transaction.  A receipt will be sent by mail.

Lodging summary form

The Lodging Summary Form contains an itemised summation of the documents that are supplied to this office for lodgement. The form is required to support a bulk lodgement. When a lodgement has been processed, the form is returned to the customer with a lodgement receipt to facilitate the customer's reconciliation.

Lodging Summary Form (PDF, 931.7 KB)

Verification of identity

Conveyancers, lawyers or mortgagees

If you are a conveyancer, lawyer or mortgagee, the following guides explain the Registrar's verification of identity requirements for all paper conveyancing transactions.

Guide to verification of identity for conveyancers, lawyers and mortgagees conducting paper conveyancing transactions (DOCX, 2.0 MB)

Guide to conveyancers and lawyers when dealing with people who are not represented (DOCX, 89.3 KB)

People not using a conveyancer or lawyer

If you are not represented by a conveyancer or lawyer, and are required to sign a conveyancing document (Registry Instrument), carefully read the guide below and then complete the Australia Post form below. Only this form can be used. When completed, it should be taken to an Australia Post Land Title ID Check express service post office only that provides verification of identity services for Land Use Victoria.

Detailed information about completing the form and locating Australia Post Land Title ID Check express service post offices is in the guide.

Guide to verification of identity for people not using a conveyancer or lawyer (DOCX, 1.9 MB)

Australia Post form: Non-represented party (Victoria only) Land Title verification of identity form (Land Title ID Check express service post offices only)

Residual documents

Open Guide

Instrument types that previously could not be lodged electronically – known as residual documents – can be lodged online.

Page last updated: 01/04/19